Thursday, April 14, 2011

Our 25$ Desk from Craigslist



Back in January, Richard and I were looking for a nice, solid desk for Caylyn to do her school work on. We scoured Craigslit daily trying to find something solid but not outrageously expensive. What we found was this fantastic piece of junk. When Richard went to pick it up, he called me and said he thought I had just wasted 25$ but he did agree that even though it was in bad shape, it was solid wood.


So he and Caylyn went to lowes, she picked out a stain she liked and new knobs for her drawers. Together they spent two months sanding, stripping, and painting this desk. They repaired the damage and they put in new knobs.
Its amazing what our 25$ desk looks like now. I emailed the gentlemen we bought it from because I didn't even THINK to take a before photo for the. I am still waiting for him to get back to me, but I have our after photo! Update: the wonderful person we bought it from sent me before photos! So they are posted above! Thank you Peter!

5 comments:

  1. Craigslist can be awesome, or really scary! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't know what it looked like before, but y'all certainly got it looking like new! Following from the weekend blog hop, please follow back!
    Thanks!
    http://kinder-words.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the Friday Hop to say hello.
    Have a great weekend!
    POSH
    http://poshonabudget.com/2011/03/happy-friday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey There, Just wanted to let you know you won on my blog, please check it out. You have 48hrs to claim your prize or another winner will be drawn. Thanks LeAnn
    www.magicalmemories3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Craigs List! I got my desk for $350. It is a solid oak computer rolltop. You can't usually get these for less than $1,000! Another great find was my antique credenza for $85.
    Happy Easter!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete